AirAsia X undertakes seat refurbishment exercise on board its long-haul aircraft
Posted on January 20, 2010, Wednesday
SEPANG: AirAsia X is undertaking a major refurbishment exercise to upgrade all economy and business class seats on board its long-haul aircraft.Chief executive officer Azran Osman-Rani said the first aircraft will be refurbished by Feb 1, 2010.
The entire exercise, to be done in stages, would be completed by June and provide a more valueble experience for our customers, he said.
Besides the economy seats being refurbished to a more comfortable level, business class travellers will also enjoy a pleasurable journey.
“AirAsia X will have lie flat beds for business class passengers, first of its kind for long-haul aircraft to replace XL seats. There will be 12 lie flat beds in A330 and 18 lie flat beds in A340.
“After taking into consideration complaints (on leg room), we believe the new seats will be more comfortable and relaxing to our customers,” he added.
Azran told this to reporters after launching ExxonMobil’s “Discover Travel @ Asia” promotion in conjuction with Esso and Mobil’s latest Smiles Driver Rewards promotion here yesterday.
Meanwhile, Esso Malaysia’s Retail and Business Director Faridah Ali said the latest Smiles promotion with AirAsia, which began in December, was a way of rewarding and thanking some 1.5 million Smiles members for their loyalty.
The first batch of eight winners awarded today will fly to Abu Dhabi with RM10,000 cash.
The three-month promotion ends in February. — Bernama
- Two cars catch fire in two separate incidents
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement