Miss Universe Malaysia to have its brand new quality of beauty queen
Posted on January 28, 2010, Thursday
KUALA LUMPUR: The Miss Universe Malaysia Organisation (Mumo), in rebranding Miss Universe Malaysia 2010, is now seeking a brand new beauty queen that can sum up with these qualities: Hip, Urban, Real and Relevant.Mumo chairman Heah Sieu Lay said, after going through some revamp in the organisation, it decided to change the format because of the way the public perceived beauty pageant.
“She must be smart, fresh and down to earth, has leadership skills, a great sense of humour and the basic foundation of being a beauty queen.
“Traditionally the beauty element has been sufficient, but today the public seek a more street-smart beauty queen — she should not only look good in pictures, but also can deliver in so many other facets of life,” he told reporters after a Mumo relaunch ceremony, here yesterday.
Heah said Andrea Fonseka, the former Miss Universe/Malaysia 2004, and her team would also be included in the project to help his organisation find the most suitable candidate for the most prestigious beauty pageant contest. — Bernama
- Teacher forces student to convert without parental consent
- Secret Chinese airport brought down to earth by chopper crash
- Air crash victims' hometown 'angry', 'shocked' by new findings
- Minister: Schoolgirl asks for ‘conversion’ but parents not informed
- Phone interception reveals 'crown prince' gave ‘green light’ to attack cops – officer