Gelombang Merah out to draw 400,000 young Kelantan voters
Posted on February 6, 2011, Sunday
KOTA BAHARU: Kelantan Umno has launched Gelombang Merah (Red Wave), a campaign to draw 400,000 young voters in the state.
The campaign is important as youths comprise 400,000 of 600,000 voters in the state, said Kelantan Umno liaison chairman Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed.
He was confident that the campaign would gain the trust of youths and help BN wrest Kelantan from PAS which had ruled the state for 21 years.
“Youths will ensure BN’s victory at the next general election,” he said after launching the campaign here yesterday.
The campaign with the theme “transformasi 1Kelantan Gelombang Rakyat” is aimed at exposing weaknesses of Kelantan PAS via talks, courses and seminars.
Mustapa said the campaign is spearheaded by Kelantan Umno Youth.
“Gelombang Merah will bring change to Kelantan which is plagued with lack of clean water, job opportunities for youths, issues affecting traders and others.”
The International Trade and Industry Minister said BN had been gaining ground in Kelantan since Manik Urai state by-election on July 14 2009.
Although BN lost to PAS, the 65 vote margin boosted morale as it was a reduced majority compared to the 2008 general election.
BN followed the loss by capturing Galas state seat in the by-election on Nov 4 last year beating PAS with 1,190 votes, an increased majority. — Bernama
- Man found dead inside 4WD, wallet and cellphone missing
- Shahidan: Security along Syed Omar rat trail to be tightened
- Three more boats with illegals detected at Pulau Jarak, Perak
- Hishammuddin: Code of conduct best way to govern competing claims in South China Sea
- Singapore foils multiple attempts of smuggling contraband cigarettes via land checkpoints