10,991 RMR homes for Sabah poor
by Suraidah Roslan. Posted on June 21, 2011, Tuesday
PAPAR: The Syarikat Perumahan Negara Berhad (National Housing Corporation) will built 10,991 unit of houses under Rumah Mesra Rakyat (RMR – People Friendly Housing) scheme for the low-income families or households in Sabah.
Its human resource management chief Datuk Shamsul Baharin Sulaiman said the housing projects include Taman Apas Permai in Tawau, Taman Cenderawasih in Kunak, Darau Angkasa Apartment in Kota Kinabalu, Bandar Seri Gemilang in Lahad Datu, Platinum Putatan Apartment and Vista Minitod Apartment in Penampang, Taman Permata and Vista Leila Idaman in Sandakan and Taman Saujana Kinabalu in Ranau.
He said the projects are part of its continuous effort to meet the demand for affordable homes for the low income groups in the country.
SPNB has built 1,998 units of houses under five projects in Sabah, Shamsul said during the presentation of offer letters and house keys at Dewan Datuk Salleh Sulong here yesterday.
The RMR scheme was introduced by the government and since then, 44,199 applications have been received.
Under the scheme, the house owners need only repay RM150 per month for the cost without any interest.
In Sabah, 645 units of housing under the RMR scheme have beend approved, with 372 units already handed over, he said.
The presentation of the RMR house keys was officiated by Deputy Health Minister Datuk Rosnah Abdul Rashid Shirlin cum Papar member of parliament.
- Lorry driver shot on way to work
- It’s a dog’s life
- Paul supposed to get back from work trip last week – Wife
- Bekas pengerusi DAP Karpal Singh maut dalam kemalangan berhampiran Gua Tempurung pada 12.40 pagi tadi - Ketua Polis Daerah Kampar
- Karpal Singh, personal assistant die in road accident in Kampar
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement