MAS introduces self check-in at KLIA
Posted on July 12, 2011, Tuesday
KUALA LUMPUR: Effective this August 1, passengers travelling economy class on Malaysia Airlines’ (MAS) domestic flights will be able to do self check-in to process their departure formalities and baggage check-in at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA).
In statement yesterday, the national carrier said the counter check-in process would be phased out and replaced by the self check-in kiosk by August.
“Malaysia Airports Bhd will reposition 22 existing check-in kiosks at KLIA to the front of the conventional check-in counters, at rows A to F for this purpose,” it said.
“With the switch over to self check-in kiosks, our customers will have yet another check-in option at the airport in addition to the existing self-service convenience offered through our MH Mobile Check-in, MH Web Check-in and MH Buddy Check-in through Facebook,” said MAS’ director of operations Captain Mohamed Azharuddin Osman in the statement. – Bernama
- Kerry in Southeast Asia seeking support against Islamic State
- Monarch arrives in Jakarta to attend Indonesian Presidential Inauguration
- Police nabbed trio after drug transaction
- ‘It’s 27 sen for MAS’ minority shareholders or nothing’
- Tune Talk attracts younger market segment through MIMMA partnership