Weekly Discussion #9: To kill or not to kill crocodiles
Posted on July 22, 2011, Friday
The “Croc Squad” comprising personnel from the Police, Fire & Rescue Dept, Rela and Kabon District office were given the licence to kill crocodiles in Batang Lupar by the Forest Dept. The move came about when crocodiles in the areas frequently attacked local riverine folk and their livestock.
The hunt came to an abrupt end with one kill. The hunters had to stop because of the high costs involved to cull these reptilians.
Nature lovers are appalled by this move and some believe a better and more humane way could be found to allow co-existence of crocs and men.
What do you think? Join in the discussion below!
- Student, two soldiers killed in road accident
- Bumiputeras cannot blame others if they fail to meet target — Dr mahathir
- JKR: It’s an entirely different scope of work
- Haj by proxy for marine cop killed in ambush, 10 crew members of MH17
- Ismail assures imported cattle for Aidiladha safe and disease-free