Giant Hypermarket opens its doors at Ling Kai Cheng Road in Sibu
Posted on August 13, 2011, Saturday
SIBU: Locals may now shop with greater gusto following the soft opening of the Giant Hypermarket in Ling Kai Cheng Road yesterday.
“Shoppers are in for a different shopping experience in Giant,” said Episo Group executive director Goh Kiang Ang.
He told a press conference at a restaurant here yesterday that Giant’s concept of ‘everyday low price’ would make a difference for the shoppers.
“Giant offers ‘everyday low price’ on different items everyday. This, I believe, will give a different shopping experience and change the living standards of the people here,” he said.
The hypermarket also offers great job opportunities for the locals.
Goh said, “The hypermarket alone has about 200 workers, and the whole building needs at least 1,000 workers.”
Construction works on this first Giant hypermarket building in the state was completed within 15 months. Earlier, Giant area manager Andrew Smith, general manager Chan Kum Cheong and complex manager Steven Lim Pah Kin officiated at the soft opening ceremony.
The grand opening of the hypermarket on Sept 12 is expected to be graced by Chief Minister Pehin Sri Abdul Taib Mahmud.
- Penampang shootout to be clarified in tomorrow’s press conference: Sabah Police Commissioner
- Impose whipping on those who make sensitive and insulting statements: MP
- RM975.37 million allocated to replace old, leaking water pipes nationwide: Ongkili
- Prosecution to rebut defence arguments tomorrow: Muhammad Shafee
- St Vincent: Ship denied entry following report of crew exhibiting Ebola symptoms