Giant Hypermarket opens its doors at Ling Kai Cheng Road in Sibu
Posted on August 13, 2011, Saturday
SIBU: Locals may now shop with greater gusto following the soft opening of the Giant Hypermarket in Ling Kai Cheng Road yesterday.
“Shoppers are in for a different shopping experience in Giant,” said Episo Group executive director Goh Kiang Ang.
He told a press conference at a restaurant here yesterday that Giant’s concept of ‘everyday low price’ would make a difference for the shoppers.
“Giant offers ‘everyday low price’ on different items everyday. This, I believe, will give a different shopping experience and change the living standards of the people here,” he said.
The hypermarket also offers great job opportunities for the locals.
Goh said, “The hypermarket alone has about 200 workers, and the whole building needs at least 1,000 workers.”
Construction works on this first Giant hypermarket building in the state was completed within 15 months. Earlier, Giant area manager Andrew Smith, general manager Chan Kum Cheong and complex manager Steven Lim Pah Kin officiated at the soft opening ceremony.
The grand opening of the hypermarket on Sept 12 is expected to be graced by Chief Minister Pehin Sri Abdul Taib Mahmud.
- Our responsibility to stop drug menace, says DO
- English debate attracted only 7 out of 27 Sibu schools — Education assistant officer
- Top catch of 560gm – and RM600 – goes to Dayang Aury in Marine Police fishing contest
- SMK Tiong Hin wins choral speaking contest
- Expo to form part of Miri May Fest celebration
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement