Giant Hypermarket opens its doors at Ling Kai Cheng Road in Sibu
Posted on August 13, 2011, Saturday
SIBU: Locals may now shop with greater gusto following the soft opening of the Giant Hypermarket in Ling Kai Cheng Road yesterday.
“Shoppers are in for a different shopping experience in Giant,” said Episo Group executive director Goh Kiang Ang.
He told a press conference at a restaurant here yesterday that Giant’s concept of ‘everyday low price’ would make a difference for the shoppers.
“Giant offers ‘everyday low price’ on different items everyday. This, I believe, will give a different shopping experience and change the living standards of the people here,” he said.
The hypermarket also offers great job opportunities for the locals.
Goh said, “The hypermarket alone has about 200 workers, and the whole building needs at least 1,000 workers.”
Construction works on this first Giant hypermarket building in the state was completed within 15 months. Earlier, Giant area manager Andrew Smith, general manager Chan Kum Cheong and complex manager Steven Lim Pah Kin officiated at the soft opening ceremony.
The grand opening of the hypermarket on Sept 12 is expected to be graced by Chief Minister Pehin Sri Abdul Taib Mahmud.
- Robin Hood monkey showers Indian town with cash
- Android smartwatches about to add smarter syncing, integration features: report
- Crown Prince awarded with advanced combat skills badge, among others
- Three premises temporarily close for failing hygiene standard
- Youth’s jail term for rape, sodomy reduced on appeal