Boy hit by car while chasing friend across the road
Posted on September 12, 2011, Monday
KUCHING: A six-year-old boy was hit by a car while he was playing with a friend at the roadside of a village in Santubong near here yesterday.
His left leg was injured in the 11am incident, and after basic treatment at a clinic in Santubong he was rushed to the Sarawak General Hospital (SGH).
According to a member of the family, the boy was hit when he was chasing his friend who had crossed the road.
Meanwhile, three motorcyclists, all 19 years old, sustained injuries in two separate accidents.
In the first incident, two motorcycles collided in Kota Samarahan around 10pm on Saturday.
In the second accident, the motorcyclist lost control of his vehicle after trying to avoid hitting a car and crashed into a roundabout at about 2.30am in Semariang.
- Royal congratulatory messages to Japan’s Emperor, Premier
- Kuching dilanda banjir kilat berikutan hujan lebat
- Ten injured after driver ploughs van into French Christmas market
- Malaysia eyes 1.4 million Chinese tourist arrivals next year
- Singapore studying Malaysia’s move to introduce VEP on foreign vehicles