Political party enters donkey as mayor candidate
Posted on October 7, 2011, Friday
A Bulgarian political party has entered a donkey to run for mayor in the country’s elections.
The Society for New Bulgaria chose the animal, called Marko, as a candidate for the position in the town of Varna because he “doesn’t steal” or “lie”.
Angel Dyankov, head of the campaign headquarters of the Society for New Bulgaria party, said: “Unlike the other mayor candidates and politicians, the Donkey has a strong character, doesn’t steal, doesn’t lie, and gets work done.”
He is set to stand for the role of mayor at the October 23 elections.
- Two cars catch fire in two separate incidents
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement