Fun activities for the whole family at Pesta Rakyat Lambir
Posted on November 9, 2011, Wednesday
MIRI: Pesta Rakyat Lambir to be held from Nov 25 to 26 at the hall and field of Kampung Tunku Abdul Rahman Lambir promises to be filled with exciting and fun programmes for the family.
Organising chairman Pemanca Wilson Siang Lim urged all the locals to support and join the event.
The event organised jointly with P218 Sibuti Parliamentary and Miri community leaders is expected to be graced open by Sibuti MP Ahmad Lai Bujang.
“Various exciting activities and programmes are in the pipeline. There will be sports events, telematches, competitions and exhibition,” he revealed yesterday.
Both government agencies as well as non-governmental organisations (NGOs) will also be participating in the events.
Other exciting programmes include the Ratu Kebaya contest, a karaoke, mass poco poco performance, traditional music presentations, blow pipe contest, tug of war as well as lucky draw.
Ministry of Social Development and Urbanisation will be coordinating the aerobic exercise.
“There will be a lot of activities designed for children under 12 years old such as balloon blowing, colouring contest and candy blowing in flour,” he added.
On the exhibition side, it will feature a wide array of products and services, including food and beverages.
“Other than that, several services will also be available including medical check-up, blood donation campaign, K-9 dog show by Malaysia Royal Police Unit, anti-drug campaign and flower decoration,” he said.
Among the organisation taking part in the exhibition are Kemas, Miri Lambir Central Prison, Fama, Amanah Saham Nasional Bank (ASNB), Agro Bank, Natural Resources and Environment Board (NREB), Miri Agriculture Department, Local Agenda 21 Miri council as well as Institut Latihan Perindustrian (ILP) and Institut Kemahiran Belia Negara (IKBN).
- Two cars catch fire in two separate incidents
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement