Miss Borneo Beautiful 2011 Finalist No. 14 – Celestina Jong Jat Choon
Posted on November 10, 2011, Thursday
Name: Celestina Jong Jat Choon
Studies: Bachelor of Commerce-Management at Swinburne University of Technology
Aspirations: I aspire to be an entrepreneur in health food. I believe that being a finalist in MBB has made me more enlightened about my health and fitness. It is not just about looking good on the outside, it is also about taking care of what goes on beneath our skin. I hope one day, my aspiration for a healthy nation can bring about a change in our nation’s productivity and lower other undesirable ailments that Malaysians face.
Personal motto: Be the change you wish to see in the world.
1) What do you like about your studies?
Currently, I am doing my Bachelor in Commerce (Management) at Swinburne University of Technology (Sarawak). I love the conducive studying environment and the helpful lecturers. They go beyond their duty and lend a helping hand whenever we need any assistance.
2) How are you preparing for the MBB grand final on November 18?
To prepare for MBB 2011 in November, I have been watching my diet more strictly as well as visiting the gym to tone up my body. Other than conditioning my body for the finals, I have also been preparing myself mentally for this prestigious event as this is my first beauty pageant. I believe that, not only do I have to look good; I also need to have the confidence too.
3) What qualities define Miss Borneo Beautiful?
I strongly believe that Miss Borneo Beautiful should not only look good and be fashionable, she should also have compassion and intelligence. Ultimately, it’s about how Miss Borneo Beautiful can give back to society and influence our people positively.
4) Do you have a message to other MBB contestants?
I would like to take this opportunity to wish all my fellow finalists all the best and regardless of the results, it has been an enjoyable time indeed. I look forward to the beautiful memories that we will have leading up to the final night
5) What skills/talents do you have that will make you stand out in the competition?
Other than being a debater — I was very active in debating during my tertiary education days — I believe that being able to adapt well and creatively to every situation is easier said than done. It is not easy to work with what you have and I believe that I am able to adapt well in various situations
6) What would it mean for you to win MBB 2011?
Winning the MBB title would mean the first step of my plans towards promoting healthy living. I believe that I would be able to better convey and contribute back to society about a healthy lifestyle and to help Malaysia’s population evolve into a health-conscious society by setting an example myself.
7) Who has inspired you most in your life?
My mother. She has been a pillar of strength all my life, always supporting in the background and never claiming credit for my achievements.
8) What makes your hometown special?
Even though Kuching is not such a robust city, it is special in its own way as the people are sincere and warm to others. It is the people that makes it special.
- Teacher forces student to convert without parental consent
- Secret Chinese airport brought down to earth by chopper crash
- Air crash victims' hometown 'angry', 'shocked' by new findings
- Minister: Schoolgirl asks for ‘conversion’ but parents not informed
- Phone interception reveals 'crown prince' gave ‘green light’ to attack cops – officer