Miss Borneo Beautiful 2011 Finalist No. 15 – Magretta Jawai Nyanggau
Posted on November 11, 2011, Friday
Studies Taking a Bachelors degree in Sciences Administration
Work Administrative assistant
Aspirations To become a very successful person in life with beauty and intelligence.
Personal motto Stay true to ourselves and our beliefs. Not just saying it, but meaning it.
1) What do you like about your work and your studies?
Currently, I’m working and studying. What I like about both is, that I gain more knowledge not only from books but also experiences from my journey of life. I get to meet different kinds of people with their own characteristics, and the most interesting part is that I can learn how to deal with them in whatever situation.
2) How are you preparing for the MBB 2011 Grand Final on November 18?
I am changing my unhealthy diet into a healthy one and exercising regularly. So far, I’ve already lost three kilogrammes, and able to fi t into the clothing provided for us by the pageant. I’m also practicing my catwalk more, since I’m more of a ‘boyish’ kind of person and was quite naive about what ‘feminine’ and ‘elegant’ was until Alaric Soh showed us the way.
3) What qualities defi ne Miss Borneo Beautiful?
Beauty, brains,compassion..the list is endless. It’s great to look good because its raises your confi dence level, and makes you feel good about yourself and what has been ‘gifted’ to you, but for me what really matters is the nature and personality of a person . Beauty will not last forever, but attitude will. If we understand that what we may lack in beauty can be made up for in a beautiful attitude, we are going to do just fine.
4) Do you have a message for the other MBB 2011 finalists?
“Twinkle-twinkle little stars..how i wonder what you are..Wish we shine among the stars, together we fi ght being who we are!” I love you all, and do your best because all of you have your own beauty. All the best girls!
5) What skills/talents do you have that will make you stand out in the competition?
Talents? You will have to wait till the fi nals…Surprise!
6) What would it mean for you to win MBB 2011?
It would mean a lot to me because I have worked so hard to get to the fi nal with my family and friends’ encouragement – God bless you all – and if I win this, I want to tell and show that we Dayak girls can do anything we want to if we have the confi dence and belief in ourselves!
7) Who has inspired you most in your life?
My papa, Nyanggau Beju, and my mama, Nosing Noyeng. I love them so much. They have worked so hard to give my siblings and I what we want and need. With their determination, they inspired me to work hard and smart to be a strong and independent person in dealing with matters of life.
8) What makes your hometown special?
We definitely don’t have to face terrible traffic jams, we have less air pollution, beautiful flora and fauna and friendly people in Kuching!
The Miss Borneo Beautiful 2011 Grand Final Show and Dinner will be held on Nov 18, 2011 at Riverside Majestic Hotel, Kuching.
- Phone interception reveals 'crown prince' gave ‘green light’ to attack cops – officer
- Secret Chinese airport brought down to earth by chopper crash
- Lower-and middle-income groups protected under GST
- Gonorrhoea cases on the rise; 10-year-olds inflicted, too
- Customer goes berserk at fastfood restaurant