Petronas Carigali makes oil discovery offshore Sabah
Posted on November 16, 2011, Wednesday
KUCHING: Petronas’ exploration and production arm Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd (Petronas Carigali) has made a significant oil discovery offshore Sabah.
In a company’s media statement from Kuala Lumpur yesterday, it stated that the discovery was made via the Wakid-1 well within Block 2G-2J, about 100 kilometres northwest of Kota Kinabalu.
“The well was spudded on May 30 this year, and was completed on July 4. It reached a total vertical depth of 3,330 metres and confirmed the presence of significant oil – and some gasbearing – reservoirs,” Petronas said.
Three production tests were conducted in three different reservoirs that flowed oil at a combined maximum rate of 8,200 barrels per day.
“Current preliminary estimation of the hydrocarbon-in-place from this discovery is 227 million barrels of oil equivalent (mmboe), with expected upside potential. Petronas Carigali plans to further appraise the discovery in the near future,” it added.
Wakid-1 was the second well drilled by Petronas Carigali in Block 2G-2J since the award of its production sharing contract (PSC) in October last year.
The block’s first well Tambuku-1 was drilled early this year, but yielded only minor gas discovery. Petronas Carigali is the sole equity holder of the PSC for the block.
- English debate attracted only 7 out of 27 Sibu schools — Education assistant officer
- Top catch of 560gm – and RM600 – goes to Dayang Aury in Marine Police fishing contest
- SMK Tiong Hin wins choral speaking contest
- Expo to form part of Miri May Fest celebration
- SMK Marudi best with 95.5 pct overall pass
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement