Cyclist killed while crossing road
Posted on December 7, 2011, Wednesday
LAHAD DATU: A 19-year-old cyclist was killed after he was hit by a Perodua Myvi while crossing the road at Km 9 Lahad Datu-Sandakan road here yesterday.
Lahad Datu district police chief Superintendent Shamsudin Mat who confirmed the incident, said Razmil Abd Rahim succumbed to head injuries at the district hospital.
“Our investigation revealed that the victim was riding his bicycle heading to the town and was crossing the road when the incident took place at 6.46am,” he said.
It was learnt that the victim had wanted to join his friend who was on the other side of the road when a Perodua Myvi driven by a 21-year-old knocked into Razmil.
The Myvi driver was unhurt.
The case would be investigated under Section 41 (1) of the Road Transport Act.
- Royal congratulatory messages to Japan’s Emperor, Premier
- Kuching dilanda banjir kilat berikutan hujan lebat
- Ten injured after driver ploughs van into French Christmas market
- Malaysia eyes 1.4 million Chinese tourist arrivals next year
- Singapore studying Malaysia’s move to introduce VEP on foreign vehicles