Children reported missing at Padang Tembak flats found
Posted on December 24, 2011, Saturday
GEORGE TOWN: Two children, reported missing from the Padang Tembak Flats on Dec 13, were found at the housing area yesterday.
Timur Laut district police chief ACP Gan Kong Meng said seven-year-old R Dass and D Santiran, eight years-old, were found about 1pm and they were in good health.
However, he said the children had been sent to the Penang Hospital for further examination.
“According to the victims, they were taken by an old woman to the Hong Seng Estate and left there.
“They claimed that they were looked after by a man and then sent back to the Padang Tembak Flats housing area in a taxi yesterday,” he said in a statement.
Gan said police would conduct further investigation into the case.
Dass and Santiran, together with Dass’ three other siblings, left their flat units to play in the compound of the housing area. However, Dass and Santiran failed to return home. — Bernama
- US children’s use of smartphones and tablets is overtaking use of all other electronic devices
- British Muslim group takes on IS jihadists on Twitter
- Khorasan: Al-Qaeda offshoot planning ‘major attacks’
- Monarch Projects 63 per cent reduction in energy consumption by 2035
- Alarm over fate of monarch butterfly