Pos Malaysia issues 13 exclusive stamp and philatelic collections this year
Posted on January 11, 2012, Wednesday
KUALA LUMPUR: Pos Malaysia will issue 13 exclusive stamp and philatelic collections this year, including for the World Gas Conference 2012 and the National Definitive Series.
Pos Malaysia Stamp and Philately Unit chief Yasmin Ramli said the first collection will be issued on Thursday with five themes based on the country’s weaving heritage, namely the Songket, Kain Cindai, Sutera Cina, Pua Kumbu and Rangkit.
“We have chosen these themes for the first collection of this year as a mark of appreciation for the textile arts and traditional weaving heritage which were introduced by traders 2,000 years ago,” she told reporters after unveiling the collection here today.
Each stamp, measuring 35mm x 45mm, is printed on a phosphor-coated paper and priced at 60 sen while the first day cover, totalling 30,000 units, is priced at 50 sen each.
It can be purchased from post offices nationwide from Jan 12.
Folders are priced at RM5.50 each and can only be obtained from selected post offices. – Bernama
- Our responsibility to stop drug menace, says DO
- English debate attracted only 7 out of 27 Sibu schools — Education assistant officer
- Top catch of 560gm – and RM600 – goes to Dayang Aury in Marine Police fishing contest
- SMK Tiong Hin wins choral speaking contest
- Expo to form part of Miri May Fest celebration
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement