Pos Malaysia issues 13 exclusive stamp and philatelic collections this year
Posted on January 11, 2012, Wednesday
KUALA LUMPUR: Pos Malaysia will issue 13 exclusive stamp and philatelic collections this year, including for the World Gas Conference 2012 and the National Definitive Series.
Pos Malaysia Stamp and Philately Unit chief Yasmin Ramli said the first collection will be issued on Thursday with five themes based on the country’s weaving heritage, namely the Songket, Kain Cindai, Sutera Cina, Pua Kumbu and Rangkit.
“We have chosen these themes for the first collection of this year as a mark of appreciation for the textile arts and traditional weaving heritage which were introduced by traders 2,000 years ago,” she told reporters after unveiling the collection here today.
Each stamp, measuring 35mm x 45mm, is printed on a phosphor-coated paper and priced at 60 sen while the first day cover, totalling 30,000 units, is priced at 50 sen each.
It can be purchased from post offices nationwide from Jan 12.
Folders are priced at RM5.50 each and can only be obtained from selected post offices. – Bernama
- Phone interception reveals 'crown prince' gave ‘green light’ to attack cops – officer
- Teacher forces student to convert without parental consent
- Secret Chinese airport brought down to earth by chopper crash
- Air crash victims' hometown 'angry', 'shocked' by new findings
- Lower-and middle-income groups protected under GST