‘Practise good ethics in cyberspace’
Posted on January 15, 2012, Sunday
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysians need to utilise Information Technology (IT) with care and in a responsible manner in order for the nation to achieve developed status by 2020 said Information, Communication and Culture Deputy Minister Datuk Maglin D’Cruz.
He emphasised that cyberspace users need to practise good ethics and not act in haste to misuse it.
Speaking at the opening of the “Introduction to Computer Forensics and Digital Imaging Investigation” workshop yesterday, he said.
“The cyber world is also widely used for serious crimes and the opportunity to commit crimes through this medium has become a lucrative source for active syndicates, particularly in Malaysia.”
The workshop, organised by the Selangor Community-policing Association, was aimed at strengthening and enhancing computer crimes investigation methods and digital imaging in handling cyber crimes more effectively.
Maglin said it was the ministry’s responsibility to ensure and move the country forward to not only an economically developed nation but to create an IT savvy digital community.
The ministry and Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Commission kept up to date with handling these issues, he added. — Bernama
Meanwhile, he said a Personal Data Protection Department has been created within the ministry under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. — Bernama
- Karpal Singh, personal assistant die in road accident in Kampar
- Former DAP chairman Karpal Singh died in accident – Kampar Police Chief
- Bekas pengerusi DAP Karpal Singh maut dalam kemalangan berhampiran Gua Tempurung pada 12.40 pagi tadi – Ketua Polis Daerah Kampar
- Pro-Russians take two Ukrainian soldiers ‘hostage’
- Durian odour triggers patient evacuation at Melbourne hospital
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement