Folks rush to claim BR1M aid
Posted on January 17, 2012, Tuesday
MARUDI: Marudi District Office this morning was swarmed by a huge crowd of people from the surrounding areas who came to claim the RM500 aid from the government.
They were seen gathering at the ground floor of the office as early as 7.30am after hearing rumours that the BR1M assistance would be given out.
When met, district officer Joseph Belayong clarified that payments would only be made to those with names in the list.
He also said the official ceremony to mark the handing-out of the BR1M aid would be officiated by Deputy Minister of International Trade and Industry and Baram MP Datuk Jacob Dungau Sagan this Thursday at 10am.
Belayong advised the villagers to check their names with their village chiefs before coming over and not to rush as there was sufficient time to avoid congestion at the District Office.
According to him, those qualified to receive the assistance are more than 4,000 in Marudi while in Telang Usan the number is more than 700 people.
- Teacher forces student to convert without parental consent
- Secret Chinese airport brought down to earth by chopper crash
- Air crash victims' hometown 'angry', 'shocked' by new findings
- Phone interception reveals 'crown prince' gave ‘green light’ to attack cops – officer
- Minister: Schoolgirl asks for ‘conversion’ but parents not informed