Laptop fire victim transferred to Sibu hospital
Posted on February 18, 2012, Saturday
SIBU: A man from Sarikei, who suffered third degree burns in a fire said to have been caused by an overheated laptop, was transferred to Sibu Hospital yesterday.
His family, however, is said to have preferred his treatment continue at the Sarawak General Hospital in Kuching.
The 31-year-old Customs officer suffered multiple 60 per cent burns on his head, face and limbs, while his wife and his sister-in-law sustained light injuries in their bid to save their house from the freak fire.
A news report yesterday said a mattress in a bedroom of the house at Jalan Alamanda, Kampung Seberang caught fire around 3pm on Thursday.
It is believed that a laptop placed on the mattress overheated and caused the fire.
- Two cars catch fire in two separate incidents
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement