Single mothers’ involvement in Taska 1Malaysia right move
by Eve Sonary Heng, firstname.lastname@example.org. Posted on March 17, 2012, Saturday
KUCHING: Sarawak Single Mothers Association’s involvement in the setting up of ‘Taska 1Malaysia’ will enable its members to achieve financial independence.
Minister of Welfare, Women and Family Development Datuk Fatimah Abdullah said these single mothers would undergo a ‘Basic Child Care Course’ to arm them with the necessary knowledge and skills to become a taska (pre-school) caretaker.
She added that poverty would be out the window once they have a fixed monthly income.
“Taska 1Malaysia supports single mothers who are working. This will definitely be good for women’s productivity and the nation’s economy,” Fatimah said at the launching of ‘Taska 1Malaysia Qaseh Laila’ at Ong Tiang Swee Road here yesterday.
Four Taska 1Malaysia have been approved this year, and the allocation given are RM648,000. The four are Taska Qaseh Laila (Kuching), Taska 1Malaysia Pinang Jawa/Gita (Kuching), Taska 1Malaysia Rantau Panjang (Sibu) and Taska Penyayang Sri Ria (Miri).
Taska 1Malaysia Qaseh Laila is wholly owned by Sarawak Single Mothers Association, and is registered with the Community Welfare Department.
Its primary aim is to provide a loving and caring environment for the proper development of children’s health and intellect. Children are encouraged to be inquisitive, creative and imaginative.
It accepts children aged between one month and four years. Its fees for full and half day sessions are affordable.
For more information, Taska Qaseh Laila can be contacted at 082-230950.
- Two cars catch fire in two separate incidents
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement