Super Dupa win sepak takraw tourney
Posted on March 27, 2012, Tuesday
BINTULU: Super Dupa team emerged champion of the Sepak Takraw Open Championship by beating Putra A at Taman Sri Pelabuhan Sg Sepait sepak takraw court yesterday.
Marshalled by Mamat Mok as skipper, Ariff Abd Rahim as right wedge and David Guntor as left wedge, they controlled the game and scored points through their bicycle-kicks over-net smashed.
Putra A whom lined up were Tony Malila as skipper, Lawrence Setia and Mathew Nyawai as right and left wedge respectively, were hapless in their defend to stop Super Dupa scorring points.
Supa Dupa wrapped the game in straight sets 15-10 and 15-5.
Coming in joint third were Bazooka and Pusrian. The winners received cash and trophies.
The tournament organised by Bintulu Sepak Takraw Association (PSTB) saw 32 teams participating.
Prizes were presented by PSTB president Daud Musa. Also present were its deputy president Mohd Saif Mohamed, secretary Awgku Nasir Pengiran Kerta and committee member Awg Dahlan Pengiran Bujang.
- Our responsibility to stop drug menace, says DO
- English debate attracted only 7 out of 27 Sibu schools — Education assistant officer
- Top catch of 560gm – and RM600 – goes to Dayang Aury in Marine Police fishing contest
- SMK Tiong Hin wins choral speaking contest
- Expo to form part of Miri May Fest celebration
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement