Malaysia one of safest countries to visit – police
Posted on April 21, 2012, Saturday
KOTA KINABALU: Malaysia is one of the safest countries in Southeast Asia, said State Deputy Commissioner of Police SAC II Datuk Tan Kok Liang.
According to Tan, studies carried out by Global Peace Index showed that Malaysia is one of the safest countries to visit.
“This is also stated by many independent and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) who said that Malaysia is safe,” he said after witnessing the basic auxiliary police course at the multi-purpose hall, PULAPOL, in Kepayan here yesterday.
About 112 auxiliary police personnel completed their nine-month course which began on February 15.
Meanwhile, Tan said the crime index in the country has dropped to about 108 cases for the first three months of this year compared to last year.
He said about 1,628 crime cases had been recorded between January till March this year, compared to 1,736 crime cases recorded in the same period last year.
- Smartphone app promises medical pot delivery
- Australia focused on MH17 crash site, not sanctions: Abbott
- Firecrackers left a family of five in tears as fire destroyed their home
- Chinese smartphone makers win as market swells
- Najib congratulates Commonwealth Games Gold Medal winners Nicol And Badminton Mixed Team