Permanent motocross track mooted
by Salena Pail, firstname.lastname@example.org. Posted on April 23, 2012, Monday
LIMBANG: The old airstrip site and Ranggau residential area have been identified for permanent track for motocross sport in the district.
Bukit Kota assemblyman, Dr Abdul Rahman Ismail said at present Limbang Motocross Association was using the temporary track to host motocross events which had received overwhelming response from the sport enthusiasts.
“Work on the motocross track will only start after approval from Land and Survey Department.” he added.
Dr Rahman hoped that Limbang would be chosen as the venue to host motocross championship annually as it close to neighbouring Brunei Darussalam.
“Due to its unique location we will be able to attract riders from Brunei to participate in the race,” Rahman suggested.
Meanwhile, a total of 32 participants from Sarawak and Sabah competed in the first round of Sarawak AAM Motorcross Challenge organised jointly by Sarawak Automotive Racing Sport Association (SARSA) and KPSU, yesterday.
Three categories are Open Motorcross, Motorcross Novice and Motorcross Veteran.
The champion of the open category will receive cash RM1, 000 plus trophy.
Dr Rahman also pledged RM3,000 to the association.
Also present were KPSU permanent secretary, Mering Wan and SARSA chairman Fadillah Sulaiman.
- Two cars catch fire in two separate incidents
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement