Takaful Ikhlas urges closer health care-insurance industry ties
Posted on April 23, 2012, Monday
KOTA KINABALU: Closer links between the health care and financial protection industries such as takaful insurance providers could promote public awareness on disease prevention, says Islamic insurance provider Takaful Ikhlas Sdn Bhd.
Its vice president (business operations) Wan Mohd Fadzlullah Wan Abdullah said besides taking health insurance, the public should also be aware of measures needed to prevent disease and to maintain their health.
Takaful Ikhlas, with the cooperation of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital here, is giving free health check-ups from today until April 27 in conjunction with Permodalan Nasional Bhd’s (PNB) unit trust week (Mingggu Saham Amanah Malaysia 2012) being held here.
Takaful Ikhlas also donated 10 deluxe wheelchairs, four Littman stethoscopes and four Accoson blood pressure sets worth a total of RM10,000 to the hospital.
“Our main objective with the donations is to bring the staff of Takaful Ikhlas and the Queen Elizabeth Hospital closer together, besides actively promoting a caring society.
“It’s also our social responsibility to promote a healthy lifestyle and medical protection,” he told Bernama here today.
Takaful Ikhlas, which began operations in 2003, is the Islamic insurance arm of MNRB Holdings Bhd, an investment holding company and a PNB subsidiary listed on the main board of Bursa Malaysia. — Bernama
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
- H1N1 Flu kills 45 in Thailand this year
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement