Rosmah: Wives of BN elected reps should follow husbands to go to the ground
Posted on May 4, 2012, Friday
GAMBANG: Prime Minister’s wife Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor yesterday called on wives of Barisan Nasional (BN) elected representatives to follow their husbands to go to the ground to reach out and forge closer ties with the people.
She said the wives should be smart in playing their roles to help gain support for BN in view of the upcoming 13th general election.
“Forge closer ties between wives of BN leaders and the people by intensifying the go-to-the-ground programmes and boost the spirit
of the ‘blue wave’ among the people.
“In facing the 13th general election, I want to see the wives of BN elected representatives to expand their roles by disseminating information on the government’s success to ease the burden of the people in various fields, such as by introducing the 1Malaysia People’s Aid (BR1M), 1Malaysia People’s Shop, 1Malaysia Clinic and the Amanah Saham 1Malaysia Fund.” She said this at the opening of the annual retreat for wives of BN elected representatives at Universiti Malaysia Pahang Sports Complex here yesterday. — Bernama
- 47 killed as Transasia Airways plane crashes on landing in typhoon-hit Taiwan
- Dutch ready to send police to MH17 site: Ukraine
- One dead as hundreds flee after false tsunami alert in Philippines
- Malaysia condemns downing of MH17 plane
- Najib congratulates Joko Widodo on his election as Indonesia’s new president