Kampung Semera boys victorious in U12 MILO futsal tournament
by Matthew T. Umpang, email@example.com. Posted on May 20, 2012, Sunday
KUCHING: Team War’s 15 H2 and War’s 15 Generation squad earned the rights to represent Sarawak in the grand finals of the U16 category of the MILO-Hidup Bola Carnival in Kuala Lumpur this Sept 16.
Both teams were the finalist of the 7th leg of the tournament held at Pending Sports Planet here yesterday. The futsal competition was held nationwide and the grand finals is scheduled to be held on Malaysia Day.
“We won the tournament since 2006 and we did it again this year. The players of both teams and I promise not to let Sarawak down when we compete in the grand finals,” said manager of both the War’s 15 H2 and War’s 15 Generation teams, Ahmad Tarmizi Hamdi.
For the record, Sarawak had only won once in the U21 category in the inaugural competition. The age group futsal tournament was later changed to become U16 and U12 competitions in 2007.
In the U12 category, D-team from Kampung Semera, Samarahan emerged champion in the age category and they too will represent Sarawak in the grand finals on Malaysia Day.
Team manager of D-team Fandi Kasa was a proud and happy man as his boys had trained very hard for the competition.
This was his team’s fifth attempt in the tournament and yesterday, they finally emerged as the winner.
“I never lose hope on my team made up of entirely of young players from the same village. I dedicated this victory to our village and I am sure we did them proud this time,” he added.
Beaten finalist, White Tiger will accompany D-team at the grand finals in Kuala Lumpur.
- Lorry driver shot on way to work
- It’s a dog’s life
- Paul supposed to get back from work trip last week – Wife
- Bekas pengerusi DAP Karpal Singh maut dalam kemalangan berhampiran Gua Tempurung pada 12.40 pagi tadi - Ketua Polis Daerah Kampar
- Karpal Singh, personal assistant die in road accident in Kampar
- Growing jihadist threat in Tunisia border area
- Search Ended as Perpetrator of Fatal Hit-and-Run Surrendered to Police
- ‘No over-reliance on Petronas for contract handouts’
- WTK to benefit from diversification into oil palm plantation
- Possible hike in OPR later this year on March’s steady inflation rate
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement