Chong Wei out four weeks — ISN
Posted on May 25, 2012, Friday
KUALA LUMPUR: World number one Datuk Lee Chong Wei may still compete in the London Olympics since his ankle injury is expected to heal in four weeks.
Chong Wei who went through a MRI and X-ray at the Kuala Lumpur Sports Medicine Centre (KLSMC) suffered the injury during his match against Peter Gade of Denmark in the Thomas Cup quarter-finals in Wuhan, China.
National Sports Institute (ISN) Chief Executive Officer Datuk Dr Ramlan Abdul Aziz said the tests conducted by orthopedic surgeons Dr Saw Khay Yong and Dr Nicholas Geary, revealed that Chong Wei’s injury would not take very long to heal.
“It is not serious and I hope he can recover quickly and return to the court soon,” he said.
Chong Wei meanwhile, said he would try to forget about the injury and work towards his recovery. — Bernama
- Two cars catch fire in two separate incidents
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement