Human foot mailed to Canada’s Conservative Party
Posted on May 30, 2012, Wednesday
OTTAWA: Canadian police are investigating after a decomposing human foot was mailed to the ruling Conservative Party at its headquarters in Ottawa.
The package was partly opened by the receptionist who called the police after seeing blood stains and was overwhelmed by the smell.
“The Hazmat Unit and Emergency Operations Section were called and upon further inspection of the package it was determined that there was possibly a human foot in the box,” Ottawa police said in a statement.
The box was then X-rayed and handed over to the local coroner who “determined that the package did contain a human foot. The Ottawa police major crime investigation continues,” it added.
The police are interviewing post office staff as well as morgues and hospitals in the area. –AFP
- Teacher forces student to convert without parental consent
- Secret Chinese airport brought down to earth by chopper crash
- Air crash victims' hometown 'angry', 'shocked' by new findings
- Phone interception reveals 'crown prince' gave ‘green light’ to attack cops – officer
- Minister: Schoolgirl asks for ‘conversion’ but parents not informed