Human foot mailed to Canada’s Conservative Party
Posted on May 30, 2012, Wednesday
OTTAWA: Canadian police are investigating after a decomposing human foot was mailed to the ruling Conservative Party at its headquarters in Ottawa.
The package was partly opened by the receptionist who called the police after seeing blood stains and was overwhelmed by the smell.
“The Hazmat Unit and Emergency Operations Section were called and upon further inspection of the package it was determined that there was possibly a human foot in the box,” Ottawa police said in a statement.
The box was then X-rayed and handed over to the local coroner who “determined that the package did contain a human foot. The Ottawa police major crime investigation continues,” it added.
The police are interviewing post office staff as well as morgues and hospitals in the area. –AFP
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
- H1N1 Flu kills 45 in Thailand this year
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement