Human foot mailed to Canada’s Conservative Party
Posted on May 30, 2012, Wednesday
OTTAWA: Canadian police are investigating after a decomposing human foot was mailed to the ruling Conservative Party at its headquarters in Ottawa.
The package was partly opened by the receptionist who called the police after seeing blood stains and was overwhelmed by the smell.
“The Hazmat Unit and Emergency Operations Section were called and upon further inspection of the package it was determined that there was possibly a human foot in the box,” Ottawa police said in a statement.
The box was then X-rayed and handed over to the local coroner who “determined that the package did contain a human foot. The Ottawa police major crime investigation continues,” it added.
The police are interviewing post office staff as well as morgues and hospitals in the area. –AFP
- 47 killed as Transasia Airways plane crashes on landing in typhoon-hit Taiwan
- Dutch ready to send police to MH17 site: Ukraine
- One dead as hundreds flee after false tsunami alert in Philippines
- Malaysia condemns downing of MH17 plane
- Najib congratulates Joko Widodo on his election as Indonesia’s new president