Convoy from Brunei heads to Pontianak for 13th Borneo big bike festival
Posted on June 7, 2012, Thursday
SIBU: A convoy of big-bikers from Brunei arrived in Sibu Tuesday evening en route to the 13th Borneo Island International Big Bike Festival in Pontianak, Kalimantan, Indonesia, on June 8-10.
Ikatan Motor Besar Indonesia (IMBI) is hosting the festival, headed by its president Pak Mahendra Jaya.
The Brunein convoy coordinator Asmali Mohamad said their trip for the festival was sponsored by BM Supply Motor Sdn Bhd.
Speaking to The Borneo Post in front of a hotel here before departing for Kuching yesterday morning, he said the convoy comprised 11 riders and three crew members.
The festival is a gathering of big bikers from different nations for the purpose of fostering goodwill and brotherly spirit, he added.
“It’s also our way of promoting road safety and courtesy,” Asmali said.
- Couple stumbles upon body at Kota Sentosa bazaar
- Man shocked to see dead cat hanging in front of his house
- ASB announces dividend and bonus for its unitholders
- Survivors: Gunmen toyed with students before lining them up and shooting them
- 10 civil servants in Sarawak detained for corruption-related offences this year