Dr Hazland welcomes proposal for 2nd BR1M
Posted on June 12, 2012, Tuesday
KUCHING: Demak Laut assemblyman Dr Hazland Abang Hipni is giving his full support to the proposal by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak for the second payment of 1Malaysia People’s Aid (BR1M).
When contacted by The Borneo Post yesterday, Dr Hazland said while the plan was yet to be finalised, it would be a clear testimony of the government’s sincerity in assisting deserving recipients, regardless of race or political ideology.
“If the government proceeds with the second payment, it will greatly benefit 4.2 million recipients and will be proof of the government’s intention to assist the people,” said Dr Hazland.
He also suggested that the delivery system be reviewed, such as by making direct payment to recipients’ accounts to provide convenience to those staying in the rural areas of Sabah and Sarawak.
“Those in the rural areas face a huge problem in collecting BR1M due to their location and it will cost them too much just to collect the RM500.
“Therefore direct payment is another method that can be considered,” he said.
During the ‘Promises Fulfilled’ tour at Kedah last Friday, Najib said the government was looking into the proposal for the second BR1M payment.
- Malaysian passenger on QZ8501 hails from Bintangor
- Contact lost with AirAsia flight from Surabaya to Singapore
- Woman believes 12-year-old daughter raped on Christmas eve
- Mounting questions in the wake of AirAsia Indonesia's missing QZ8501
- Kuching police seek witness who claimed to have seen aircraft flying low
- AirAsia plane likely ‘at bottom of sea’: Indonesia search chief
- 2015 school session for the country postponed by one week – DPM Muhyiddin
- 2 dead, 4 missing in ship collision in Northern Italy
- Permulaan sesi persekolahan 2015 di seluruh negara ditangguh seminggu – TPM Muhyiddin
- Search resumes for missing AirAsia plane: official