Dr Hazland welcomes proposal for 2nd BR1M
Posted on June 12, 2012, Tuesday
KUCHING: Demak Laut assemblyman Dr Hazland Abang Hipni is giving his full support to the proposal by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak for the second payment of 1Malaysia People’s Aid (BR1M).
When contacted by The Borneo Post yesterday, Dr Hazland said while the plan was yet to be finalised, it would be a clear testimony of the government’s sincerity in assisting deserving recipients, regardless of race or political ideology.
“If the government proceeds with the second payment, it will greatly benefit 4.2 million recipients and will be proof of the government’s intention to assist the people,” said Dr Hazland.
He also suggested that the delivery system be reviewed, such as by making direct payment to recipients’ accounts to provide convenience to those staying in the rural areas of Sabah and Sarawak.
“Those in the rural areas face a huge problem in collecting BR1M due to their location and it will cost them too much just to collect the RM500.
“Therefore direct payment is another method that can be considered,” he said.
During the ‘Promises Fulfilled’ tour at Kedah last Friday, Najib said the government was looking into the proposal for the second BR1M payment.
- Fears grow for hundreds missing in S Korea ferry capsize
- Mini-sub completes first full mission in hunt for Malaysian jet
- Honda’s new ASIMO robot, more human-like than ever
- Karpal Singh, personal assistant die in road accident in Kampar
- Former DAP chairman Karpal Singh died in accident – Kampar Police Chief
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement