SMK Subis top students receive incentives
Posted on June 16, 2012, Saturday
MIRI: A total of five top students from SMK Subis and SMK Luar Bandar were awarded incentives under the Sarawak Oil Palms Berhad (SOPB) Young Achievers Award (YAA).
The award incentive was part of its second year corporate social responsibility (CSR) programme.
In a simple ceremony held at SMK Subis, the school’s three top achievers – Yong Wen Yi who achieved 9As in her Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) 2011, Vinnei Liong Xing Thong (7As) and Khairunisa Julai (5As) – were all awarded with cash incentives under the programme.
SOP Plantations (Niah) Sdn Bhd (a subsidiary of SOPB), Sungai Balim senior estate manager Jimbau Tumbai and Sungai Trus Estate manager Beriak Iteh presented the incentives to the three students.
Also present at the ceremony was SMK Subis principal, Albert Ong.
Also receiving incentives were two top achievers for Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM) from SMK Luar Bandar, Mike Bennal Kana and Rody Jawan Lechok.
SMK Subis and SMK Luar Bandar are located within the operation area of SOPB’s estates and mills.
In April, SOPB also held YAA programme handover ceremonies at Batu Niah, Marudi, Tatau, Sebauh, Sungai Asap Resettlement, Mukah and Batu Lintang, Sri Aman.
- Leak : High quality video of iPhone 6 appearance on Youtube
- Robin Hood monkey showers Indian town with cash
- Android smartwatches about to add smarter syncing, integration features: report
- Crown Prince awarded with advanced combat skills badge, among others
- Three premises temporarily close for failing hygiene standard