‘Don’t take the law into your own hands’
Posted on June 22, 2012, Friday
KUCHING: Errant road users who are issued with summonses by the police or other relevant authorities should accept the compound and not take the law into their own hands.
Deputy district police chief Supt Pauzi Bujang said irrational or violent reaction towards being issued a summons could lead to more serious consequences.
“We have laws to be followed in this country. Do not take matters into your own hands over a mere traffic summons because you will risk going to jail for two years if convicted in court,” said Pauzi during a press conference held yesterday.
Earlier, he revealed that police had arrested and remanded the man who smashed two patrol cars belonging to the Road Transport Department (JPJ) during a roadblock on Tuesday.
“The suspect, a 36-year-old local, surrendered himself at the One-Stop-Centre at Simpang Tiga at 4 this morning (yesterday).
“We are now trying to locate and recover the weapon used in the attack, although the suspect claimed he had thrown it into the Samarahan River following the incident,” he said.
Pauzi added the suspect had been remanded for two days, and that the case had been classified as criminal intimidation under Section 506 of the Penal Code which carries a maximum of two years’ imprisonment or a fine or both if convicted.
In the Tuesday morning incident, JPJ personnel manning a roadblock at Jalan Song were confronted by a ‘kwangtao’ wielding motorist who was angered at being issued a summons for driving with an expired road tax.
The man subsequently smashed the front and rear windscreen of two JPJ patrol cars and punctured their tyres before speeding away from the scene.
- Lorry driver shot on way to work
- It’s a dog’s life
- Paul supposed to get back from work trip last week – Wife
- Bekas pengerusi DAP Karpal Singh maut dalam kemalangan berhampiran Gua Tempurung pada 12.40 pagi tadi - Ketua Polis Daerah Kampar
- Karpal Singh, personal assistant die in road accident in Kampar
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement