PBB Bekenu wants Ahmad Lai re-nominated for polls
by Norni Mahadi, email@example.com. Posted on June 23, 2012, Saturday
MIRI: PBB Bekenu branch wants Ahmad Lai re-nominated as BN candidate for Sibuti in the 13th general election.
Secretariat chief for BN Sibuti election machinery, Councillor Annuar Mohamad said they might conduct a protest if there was another name on the candidate list for the seat.
“We have discussed this matter at the meeting and at all party levels as well as the people in the area want to retain Ahmad Lai as Sibuti representative,” he said after chairing a special meeting attended by the party main working committee, branch chiefs, youth and women for the PBB Bekenu branch recently.
The meeting agreed for Ahmad Lai to continue serving due to his excellent performance. It also agreed to reject a new nomination particularly candidates unfamiliar with the local community as it would split party unity in the area.
“We are truly hoping the party’s top authority take note of this matter.”
He said a memorandum on this matter will be submitted to the top authority.
- ‘Medical practitioners fail to detect dengue symptoms early’
- ‘We Care for Humanity’ to set up new chapter in Malaysia
- Palanivel must hold CWC emergency meeting within 24 hours — Saravanan
- Malaysia to host 24th International Harm Reduction Conference in October
- Delays or no action taken top complaint list