Lo appointed as new MD for Sarawak and Sabah Shell
Posted on July 5, 2012, Thursday
KUCHING: Iain Lo is the new managing director (MD) of Sarawak Shell Bhd (Sarawak Shell) and Sabah Shell Petroleum Company Ltd (Sabah Shell) as well as the chairman of Shell Malaysia effective July 1.
Originally from Kuching, Lo is the first Sarawakian to hold the positions of chairman of Shell Malaysia and managing director of the two exploration and production companies at the same time, according to a press statement from Shell Malaysia.
His extensive experience over the past twenty years with Shell has seen him hold a broad range of roles in both Malaysia and abroad.
He first joined Sarawak Shell in 1990 as a field engineer in Miri before undertaking various engineering, economics and corporate roles in the exploration and production business in Malaysia.
In 1996, he was posted to Shell’s international office in The Hague on his first overseas assignment, where he was responsible for developing opportunities in North East Asian pipelines.
In 1998, Lo moved to the gas and power business as general manager for liquefied natural gas joint ventures in Malaysia, based in Kuala Lumpur.
He then moved to Singapore as general manager for the commercial governance of Shell’s Sakhalin joint venture in Russia.
In 2005, he returned to The Hague as senior regional advisor for Shell’s businesses in the Asia Pacific region. He then joined Shell Chemicals as vice president Asia Pacific Middle-East ventures and developments in 2006, based in Singapore.
He was appointed the global vice president for new business development and ventures for Shell Chemicals in 2009 before his current Malaysian appointment.
Lo was appointed a board member to the Singapore Economic Development Board in 2009.
- Lorry driver shot on way to work
- It’s a dog’s life
- Paul supposed to get back from work trip last week – Wife
- Bekas pengerusi DAP Karpal Singh maut dalam kemalangan berhampiran Gua Tempurung pada 12.40 pagi tadi - Ketua Polis Daerah Kampar
- Karpal Singh, personal assistant die in road accident in Kampar
- Growing jihadist threat in Tunisia border area
- Search Ended as Perpetrator of Fatal Hit-and-Run Surrendered to Police
- ‘No over-reliance on Petronas for contract handouts’
- WTK to benefit from diversification into oil palm plantation
- Possible hike in OPR later this year on March’s steady inflation rate
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement