Women have higher IQ than men –Research
Posted on July 17, 2012, Tuesday
WHO RUN THE WORLD? Girls. Women are scoring higher than men on IQ tests.
According to Newser, Flynn’s research looked at IQ tests from the US, Europe, Canada, New Zealand, Argentina, and Estonia. It found that the male/female IQ gap was insignificant in westernized countries, but in Argentina, Estonia, and New Zealand, women scored marginally higher. Prior to this new research women averaged 5 points lower than men.
The Australian noted that one theory as to the change in the IQ leader board is the rapid improvement in women’s lives around the world.
Sarah Swanson, a 33-year-old clinical psychologist from Newcastle, told the Australian that she is not surprised by the results as they come hand-in-hand with women’s rise in the workforce and access to education adding, “A lot of my female friends and I are on salaries at least similar to our partners.”
Helena Jamieson, a consultant who studied English literature at Cambridge, summed up what women everywhere already knew to the Telegraph saying, “I think women probably always knew deep down that they were the more intelligent ones – but as the gentler sex we were quiet about it and let men continue to believe they ruled the world.”
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
- H1N1 Flu kills 45 in Thailand this year
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement