‘Flying’ car lodged in concrete wall
Posted on July 21, 2012, Saturday
MIRI: Two teenagers had a close brush with death after their Honda car heading towards Riam rammed the concrete wall of a house along Miri Airport Road on Thursday night.
The car ended up lodged in the wall with the teens left relatively unhurt.
The driver, 18, and a friend, 16, were on their way home after futsal training at Miri Indoor stadium when the vehicle went out of control, shooting a few meters up before ramming the wall.
According to the driver, who wished to be known as Eddie, he had reacted in shock when a motorcycle suddenly came out from a junction.
“I lost control of the vehicle as I tried to avoid hitting the male motorcyclist,” he told The Borneo Post at the scene last night (Thursday).
The incident attracted curious road users.
Fortunately the boys were not seriously hurt.
Police Traffic rushed to the scene after receiving a call from one of the victims.
- AirAsia plane likely ‘at bottom of sea’: Indonesia search chief
- 2015 school session for the country postponed by one week – DPM Muhyiddin
- 2 dead, 4 missing in ship collision in Northern Italy
- Permulaan sesi persekolahan 2015 di seluruh negara ditangguh seminggu – TPM Muhyiddin
- Search resumes for missing AirAsia plane: official