Air quality throughout the country improves
Posted on August 13, 2012, Monday
KUALA LUMPUR: Air quality throughout the country improved Monday with only Seberang Perai 2 recording an unhealthy air pollutant index (API) up till 11am.
The Department of Environment (DOE) stated in its website that 56% of the country had a moderate API reading while the remaining 44% were in good shape.
Among the places which recorded a moderate API were Langkawi with an index of 92, Port Klang with 84, Kangar, Alor Setar and Bakar Arang all recording an index of 82.
An API of between 0 and 50 is considered good, followed by moderate (51-100), unhealthy (101-200), very unhealthy (201-300) and hazardous (more than 300). – Bernama