General Election not likely in October — Tengku Adnan
Posted on August 14, 2012, Tuesday
PUTRAJAYA: Umno secretary-general Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor is of the view that the general election (GE) will not likely be in October.
He said October would not be a suitable month as it was the Haj season.
“If the election is held that time, accusations will arise that the government does not respect Islam. I do not think it (GE) will be held in October,” he told reporters here yesterday.
In June, PAS information chief, Datuk Tuan Ibrahim Tuan Man was reported to have asked the party’s members planning to go on the Haj pilgrimage to defer their plans because the party believed the polls would be held in October.
In other developments, Tengku Adnan said Putrajaya Umno would be holding its annual delegates meeting on Sept 1 and that the division would also be holding its Aidilfitri open house the same day.
He added that Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak was scheduled to open the meeting. — Bernama
- Kerry in Southeast Asia seeking support against Islamic State
- Monarch arrives in Jakarta to attend Indonesian Presidential Inauguration
- Police nabbed three men after drug transaction
- ‘It’s 27 sen for MAS’ minority shareholders or nothing’
- Tune Talk attracts younger market segment through MIMMA partnership