General Election not likely in October — Tengku Adnan
Posted on August 14, 2012, Tuesday
PUTRAJAYA: Umno secretary-general Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor is of the view that the general election (GE) will not likely be in October.
He said October would not be a suitable month as it was the Haj season.
“If the election is held that time, accusations will arise that the government does not respect Islam. I do not think it (GE) will be held in October,” he told reporters here yesterday.
In June, PAS information chief, Datuk Tuan Ibrahim Tuan Man was reported to have asked the party’s members planning to go on the Haj pilgrimage to defer their plans because the party believed the polls would be held in October.
In other developments, Tengku Adnan said Putrajaya Umno would be holding its annual delegates meeting on Sept 1 and that the division would also be holding its Aidilfitri open house the same day.
He added that Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak was scheduled to open the meeting. — Bernama
- Two cars catch fire in two separate incidents
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement