Girl held after baby thrown from apartment
Posted on September 17, 2012, Monday
PETALING JAYA: Police have arrested a 20-year-old girl suspected to have thrown a new-born baby girl from the third floor of a block of the Desa Mentari apartments here yesterday.
Petaling Jaya District Police chief ACP Arjunaidi Mohamed said the case was being investigated under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder.
An occupant of one of the apartments, Jundi Mat, 35, said he heard the sound of an object falling to the ground when he was fetching his motorcycle at the parking lot at about 11am.
“I heard something fall behind me and found a baby,” he told reporters at the scene.
He said the baby was lying prone and did not cry or move.
The body of the baby, which was seriously injured in the head due to the fall, was sent to the Universiti Malaya Medical Centre. — Bernama
- Phone interception reveals 'crown prince' gave ‘green light’ to attack cops – officer
- Secret Chinese airport brought down to earth by chopper crash
- Teacher forces student to convert without parental consent
- Air crash victims' hometown 'angry', 'shocked' by new findings
- Lower-and middle-income groups protected under GST