‘Cyber casinos use latest Internet technology’
by Lian Cheng, email@example.com. Posted on September 19, 2012, Wednesday
KUCHING: Cyber casino operators are said to be playing hide-and-seek with the police through the latest Internet technology.
State police commissioner Datuk Acryl Sani Abdullah Sani said he could not deny that cyber casinos which had long been in existence in the state had been using the latest Internet technology to elude the police.
“We have to find new ways to get them. We have stepped up our surveillance, monitoring and enforcement to keep them in check,” Acryl said here yesterday.
He added that their ongoing effort to curb cyber casinos had kept the situation under control.
On whether students were among those frequenting cyber casino outlets, Acryl said students constituted the minority.
The majority of those patronising such illegal online gambling outlets were mainly young adults.
He said these online casinos were usually linked to Taiwan, Hong Kong, China and Macau websites. The customers could change cash for credit online to play.
“They can then change the credit into cash when they want to leave,” said Acryl.
He said only regular customers were offered the online casinos and the police would have to go undercover to break the case.
“The most challenging part is that cyber casino operators keep changing their Internet technology to make it harder for us to get to them,” said Acryl.
- Two cars catch fire in two separate incidents
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement