Two friends charged with extortion
Posted on September 19, 2012, Wednesday
KUALA LUMPUR: An unemployed man and a bus driver pleaded not guilty in the Magistrate’s Court here to a charge with extorting money from a representative of a bus company last March.
Friends, Mohamad Khairuldin Mohd Shamsuri, 20, who is unemployed, and Syamsul Syahrul Tanjung, 29, were jointly charged with extorting RM18,000 as protection money from Ng Ah Chi, 56.
They were alleged to have committed the offence at R-60, Jalan Umbun Taman Setapak, Jalan Gombak, Sentul here about noon on March 2 this year.
Magistrate Siti Shakirah Mohtarudin allowed them bail of RM5,000 with one surety each and set Oct 3 for mention.
Mohamad Khairuldin, from Taman Selayang Sejati, and Syamsul Syahrul, from Taman Sri Segambut, were also ordered against approaching the alleged victim and to report themselves at the nearest police station every month. — Bernama
Prosecution was conducted by deputy public prosecutor Noor Mawarni Abd Halim. — Bernama
- Three killed, 11 injured in coal mine explosion in Sarawak
- Ahmad: Managed float system to stay with oil prices at below US$80 a barrel
- Muhyiddin wants classical literature works spread using multimedia, digital technology
- European space plane set for February launch: firm
- Sultanate Ranks 30th on HDI