Salesman jailed three years for misappropriation
by Anasathia Jenis, email@example.com. Posted on September 27, 2012, Thursday
KUCHING: A car salesman was yesterday sentenced to three years’ jail for misappropriating RM13,500 and a Proton Waja car.
Saidina Hamzah Jeli, 35, from Kampung Melayu at Kota Samarahan was found guilty by Magistrate Gerald Empaling Donald after a full trial.
Saidina was convicted on two charges under Section 403 of the Penal Code. He received three years’ jail for each charge to run concurrently which will take effect immediately.
Saidina was first found guilty of misappropriating RM10,500 from the sale of a Proton Waja car. The money was supposed to be given to one Simon Aleh Bol.
He committed the offence at a bank (Ambank) in Jalan Haji Taha here at 9.19am on March 6.
Secondly, he took another RM3,000 part proceed of the sale of a Proton Waja car, which was also supposed to be given to Simon. This was committed at an address in Rubber Road here about 5pm on March 5.
On Sept 14, Saidina was also sentenced to three years’ jail after he was found guilty to committing similar offences (two charges). He was jailed three years each for the offences, but to run concurrently. ASP Carl Patrick Ramesh prosecuted while Saidina was unrepresented.
In another court room, a man was sentenced to 15 weeks’ jail for stealing a branded T-shirt at Grand Supermarket departmental store in Wisma Satok.
Bollhasan Abas, 52, from Kampung Pulo Hilir in Petra Jaya, pleaded guilty to have stolen an Adidas T-shirt worth RM99 from the departmental store at 1.45pm on Aug 2.
He was convicted under Section 380 of the Penal Code.
The court ordered the custodial sentence to take effect immediately. Bolhasan was also sentenced to two months’ jail in another Magistrates’ Court for a pick-pocket offence.
Inspector Austin Patrick Angkon prosecuted.
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
- H1N1 Flu kills 45 in Thailand this year
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement