Malaysia still global runaway sukuk leader
Posted on September 28, 2012, Friday
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia is still the global runaway leader in the sukuk market, accounting for 68 per cent of the total global sukuk outstanding and 71 per cent market share of the sukuk issued as at end-July.
Bursa Malaysia remained the top sukuk listing destination, with 19 listed totalling RM99.6 billion (US$31.7 billion) as at end-July, according to the 2012/2013 Economic Report released by the Finance Ministry.
Malaysia also remained among the global leaders in the Islamic finance management industry with the number of full-fledged Islamic fund management companies at 18 at end-July, it said.
The net asset value of Islamic unit trust funds at end-July stood at RM33 billion (RM28 billion at end 2011) and the Islamic wholesale funds at RM14 billion (RM7 billion at end-2011).
It said at end-July, 825 Syariah-compliant securities were listed on Bursa Malaysia, representing 89 per cent of the total listed securities with a market capitalisation of RM931 billion.
The report also said the Islamic banking business in the country will continue to expand, with total assets growing 20.6 per cent to RM469.5 billion as at end-July, representing 24.2 per cent of the total banking system assets (end-2011: 24.1 per cent).
The Takaful industry assets have increased to RM18.3 billion at end-July against RM16.9 billion last year.
It accounted for nine per cent of the total insurance and takaful assets as compared with 8.6 per cent in the January to July period. – Bernama
- Fears grow for hundreds missing in S Korea ferry capsize
- Mini-sub completes first full mission in hunt for Malaysian jet
- Honda’s new ASIMO robot, more human-like than ever
- Karpal Singh, personal assistant die in road accident in Kampar
- Former DAP chairman Karpal Singh died in accident – Kampar Police Chief
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement