30 teams in the fray at endurance race
Posted on October 4, 2012, Thursday
MIRI: The Tudan Go-Kart circuit here is set to host the Sarawak level National KBS-MAM Kapcai Endurance 2012 championship on Oct 13-14.
A total of 30 teams with four riders each will be in action at the Sarawak level championship.
According to the spokesman of Miri Department of Youth and Sports, Hamzah Tahir, event comprises 100cc below, 120cc below and 150cc below motorcycle races.
This highly anticipated event in the local racing calendar is a joint collaboration of the Ministry of Youth and Sports together with Motorsports Association of Malaysia (MAM) and with the cooperation of Ministry of Social Development and Department of Youth and Sports Sarawak.
“The race is an avenue to scout talented local riders to represent Sarawak at the National level finals. The championship is also one of the government’s efforts to develop motor sports activities and too produce new champions,” Hamzah disclosed.
Member of Parliament for Miri Datuk Sri Peter Chin Fah Kui is expected to officiate the opening ceremony.
- Generasi muda perlu hindari fahaman ekstremisme: Tawfiq
- Astro Awani studio director killed in road accident
- Minimum wage exemption for micro employers tantamount to denying workers’ rights
- Bin Laden son-in-law sentenced to life in US prison
- Inanam student’s injury accidental, case resolved – director