Businessman nabbed at car wash
Posted on October 29, 2012, Monday
SIBU: A businessman, surnamed Lau, sent a silver-coloured Toyota Wish for a car wash in Tong Sang Road on Saturday, but ended up in a police lockup.
Police pounced on him after being alerted by the car wash operator that the car could be stolen property.
Upon close scrutiny, it was discovered that the vehicle’s chassis number had been altered and its plate number a fake.
The 29-year-old Lau, who is now under remand for three days, claimed that he had no idea the car was stolen property.
It is understood that he had bought the car for RM90,000 and that he had paid RM10,000 as down payment. The remainder would be paid through RM900 monthly instalments.
- Remains of mother, son laid to rest at Semariang Muslim cemetery
- The remains of mother and son to arrive at TUDM around 2.30pm this afternoon
- Japan landslide toll feared to more than double
- MH17: Philippine embassy flies flag at half-mast
- 20 hearses driven past Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Abdul Halim