Apply for BR1M 2.0 now — MP
Posted on November 4, 2012, Sunday
NIAH: Youths and unmarried individuals who are eligible for the 1Malaysia People’s Aid (BR1M 2.0) should fill out the necessary forms quickly as registration started last Thursday.
Sibuti MP Ahmad Lai Bujang said they should not wait till the last minute because disbursement of the aid would be made in January next year.
Speaking at the ‘Bah Berdudon 1Malaysia’ at Kampung Tanjong Belipat in Niah yesterday, Ahmad Lai said BR1M 2.0 represented an acknowledgement of sorts from the government on the importance of youths’ contributions to nation building.
He said it was common knowledge that youths are a nation’s vital asset, and thus needed to be looked after well.
“The direction of a nation depends very much on its youths.”
On politics, Ahmad Lai advised youths in villages not to be easily influenced by the opposition’s propaganda.
He told the more than 1,000 people present that everyone should continue to rally behind the BN if they wanted to enjoy continued development.
Various programmes were held during the one-day event which includes a motorcycle convoy, a cooking competition, tele-match, colouring contest for children and senior citizens, auto show, body building contest, and karaoke competition.
- Kabul hospital guard opens fire, kills foreign doctor
- Kota Bahru bound Firefly flight returns to Penang due to faulty landing gear
- May 25 set as Bukit Gelugor by-election, several factors taken into account, says EC
- US judge dismisses Tarantino lawsuit against website
- H1N1 Flu kills 45 in Thailand this year
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement