M5.6 quake strikes off E. Indonesia
Posted on November 6, 2012, Tuesday
JAKARTA: An earthquake measuring 5.6 rocked Maluku in eastern parts of Indonesia on Tuesday, Xinhua quoted the Meteorology and Geophysics Agency report here.
The quake struck at 14:15 pm Jakarta time with epicentre at 92 km southwest Buru Selatan of Maluku and with the depth at 10 km under sea, an official of the agency told Xinhua by phone.
Indonesia sits on a quake-prone zone called the “Pacific Ring of Fire”.
- Firecrackers left a family of five in tears as fire destroyed their home
- Chinese smartphone makers win as market swells
- Najib congratulates Commonwealth Games Gold Medal winners Nicol And Badminton Mixed Team
- Air quality unhealthy in Samarahan, Sibu, Sri Aman, Banting, Port Klang, Petaling Jaya, Batu Muda (KL), Cheras and Putrajaya as at 7 am today
- Japan heatwave kills 15, thousands hospitalised