M5.6 quake strikes off E. Indonesia
Posted on November 6, 2012, Tuesday
JAKARTA: An earthquake measuring 5.6 rocked Maluku in eastern parts of Indonesia on Tuesday, Xinhua quoted the Meteorology and Geophysics Agency report here.
The quake struck at 14:15 pm Jakarta time with epicentre at 92 km southwest Buru Selatan of Maluku and with the depth at 10 km under sea, an official of the agency told Xinhua by phone.
Indonesia sits on a quake-prone zone called the “Pacific Ring of Fire”.
- US children’s use of smartphones and tablets is overtaking use of all other electronic devices
- British Muslim group takes on IS jihadists on Twitter
- Khorasan: Al-Qaeda offshoot planning ‘major attacks’
- Monarch Projects 63 per cent reduction in energy consumption by 2035
- Alarm over fate of monarch butterfly