M5.6 quake strikes off E. Indonesia
Posted on November 6, 2012, Tuesday
JAKARTA: An earthquake measuring 5.6 rocked Maluku in eastern parts of Indonesia on Tuesday, Xinhua quoted the Meteorology and Geophysics Agency report here.
The quake struck at 14:15 pm Jakarta time with epicentre at 92 km southwest Buru Selatan of Maluku and with the depth at 10 km under sea, an official of the agency told Xinhua by phone.
Indonesia sits on a quake-prone zone called the “Pacific Ring of Fire”.
- Police seeking access to mass graves from Thailand: IGP
- PAC will arrange meetings with Arul Kanda, Shahrol as soon as possible: Nur Jazlan
- Singapore Airlines airbus loses power inflight to both engines
- Afghan police end Taliban siege of Kabul guesthouse
- FIFA officials arrested in Zurich on US corruption charges: NYT