Manyin: Jalan Mugah-Batu Kepit upgrading next year
Posted on November 23, 2012, Friday
KUCHING: Phase II of road upgrading works from Jalan Mugah to Batu Kepit in Simunjan will be implemented by the Rural and Regional Development Ministry (Sarawak Branch) next year.
Minister of Infrastructure Development and Communication Dato Michael Manyin said this in his response to a question
raised by Snowdan Lawan (BN-Balai Ringin) at the State Legislative Assembly here Wednesday.
Snowdan queried when the government would continue with Phase II of the upgrading works as the allocation was approved in April last year.
In his supplementary question, he asked what measures would be taken by the state government to overcome the problem of roads getting flooded whenever it rains considering that 30 per cent of roads are located at low-lying areas.
Snowdan also wanted to know whether any measure had been taken to extend the road from Jalan Mugah to Batu Kepit considering that some parts of the road are very narrow.
Manyin said the total length of the road was 5.1 kilometres and the amount of allocation approved for the upgrading
works early this year was RM900,000.
“A total of 2.7 kilometres has been done, so we are only left with 2.4 kilometres to be upgraded. The balance of the allocation is RM400,000.
“With that balance, hopefully, we will be able to rectify what has been requested, and from time to time we will also request allocation from the Rural and Regional Development Ministry.”
- Fears grow for hundreds missing in S Korea ferry capsize
- Mini-sub completes first full mission in hunt for Malaysian jet
- Honda’s new ASIMO robot, more human-like than ever
- Karpal Singh, personal assistant die in road accident in Kampar
- Former DAP chairman Karpal Singh died in accident – Kampar Police Chief
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement