Man loses control of vehicle, crashes into a palm tree
Posted on December 1, 2012, Saturday
SARIKEI: A 32-year-old man was injured in an accident opposite the Syariah Court along Jalan Rentap, Kampung Seberang here, early yesterday morning.
The mishap occurred around 4.20am when the victim, surnamed Wong, was driving his four-wheel drive pickup (Ford Ranger) from Taman Susur Jambu to town.
He was said to have lost control of his wheel as he approached the Sungai Sarikei Bridge, causing his vehicle to swerve to the left and plunge into the low-lying ground where it was said to have rolled several times and landed on its side after it crashed into a palm tree.
The badly dented front portion of the vehicle from the impact pinned the victim to his seat.
The District Fire and Rescue department, on receiving a distress call, dispatched five men to the scene, and it took them 15 minutes to free the victim who was immediately rushed to the local hospital in a waiting ambulance.
According to family members, there was no physical injury to the victim but on doctor’s advice he was warded for further observation including being X-rayed to ascertain there was no internal injury.
- Malaysian army to acquire 6 attack helicopters for ESSZone operations
- 729 people charged with using fake ICs or belonging to others since 2010
- Sarawak Forestry Department geared to combat illegal loggers
- Families in Kampung Bojong, Rejoi settle NCR land dispute amicably
- Heavy snow kills 3, disrupts travel in Japan