Children visit bakery to learn how it operates
Posted on December 9, 2012, Sunday
KUCHING: Around 80 children from Gifted School System Learning Network had a fun-filled and educational tour of the Lof Cafe and Bakery at its Jalan Song outlet yesterday.
Business development executive Dolly Saches and assistant operation manager Mohammad Fakhrul Ashraf welcomed the children and their teachers and gave them a tour of the factory located above the bakery shop.
According to Dolly, they welcome visits by schools, higher learning institutions and universities.
“We want to expose people especially the young to our making, baking and packaging process for them to learn how a bakery operates,” she said yesterday.
She said the children found the visit, made during the school holidays, educational.
Mohammad Fakhrul said this was the 10th visit for the bakery this year by kindergarten children, primary and secondary school students, college and university students.
Apart from touring the bakery shop and factory, the children took part in a competition to decorate cup cakes.
The Lof Cafe and Bakery recently obtained halal certifications at all its three outlets.
The fourth outlet is expected to open at the City One shopping mall in April next year.
It is holding promotions of Christmas cakes, Christmas ice-cream cakes, and Christmas fruit cocktail cakes for the coming Christmas season.
- Our responsibility to stop drug menace, says DO
- English debate attracted only 7 out of 27 Sibu schools — Education assistant officer
- Top catch of 560gm – and RM600 – goes to Dayang Aury in Marine Police fishing contest
- SMK Tiong Hin wins choral speaking contest
- Expo to form part of Miri May Fest celebration
Weekly News Highlights
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 22.03.2014 (Full)
- BPIEF 2014 Hourly Lucky Draw on 23.03.2014 (Full)
- Perfect Wedding Supplement 2013
- Malaysia Day Supplement 2013
- New Year Supplement 2014
- Real Estate And Housing Supplement 2013
- STIDC Supplement 2013
- Legacy Of Leadership
- Ushering In A New Era
- BPIEF 2014 Supplement